Written by: Sarah Poteet, DDS (Dallas County Dental Society member)
“Strive For Five!”
Products with 100% xylitol make dental disease prevention both easy and sweet by reducing plaque and reducing the bacteria in the mouth that cause cavities.
- Xylitol is a natural sugar substitute with antibacterial healing properties.
- Decreases the bacteria in our mouths that cause cavities/decay and gum disease.
- For pregnant women, decreases bacteria that spread from mouth to amniotic fluid.
- Moms who chew xylitol gum when kids are young (3mo-2yrs old), have kids who are 75% less likely to get cavities because the bacteria isn’t being shared to their children.
- Helps stimulate saliva to wash away plaque, food, and bacteria after eating.
- Moistens dry mouth.
- Neutralize acidic pH in the mouth.
- Reduces insulin resistance and safe for diabetic diets.
- Better sugar substitute than other artificial sweeteners that cause weight gain.
- Nasal sprays with xylitol, decreases sinus, ear, and upper respiratory infection.
Strive to get at least 5 exposures of 100%xylitol throughout the day for best benefits. When xylitol is added to other sweeteners, the effectiveness decreases.
Spry gums, mints, sprays, toothpastes www.xlear.com
More information or resources: https://xylitol.org/