ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
In keeping with the mission to serve the professional needs of our members, Dallas County Dental Society expanded efforts to advance the dental team through the DCDS Dental Assisting School (DCDSDAS).
The program is combined with a comprehensive curriculum designed to provide the essential experiences needed to become a successful dental assistant. DCDSDAS graduates will be among the most qualified and valued members of a dental team.
THE POSITION AND PRIORITIES
The DCDSDAS Instructor works under the supervision of the DCDSDAS Director and DCDSDAS Board of Directors for the overall curriculum as listed in the current Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) Catalog. The instructor will also work closely with the DCDS Executive Director. The instructor will follow all guidelines from the TWC. The DCDSDAS instructor is responsible for carrying out the school mission, goals and objectives and within this framework coordinates and controls the programs and educational activities. The instructor is also responsible for helping with the school policies, procedures, curriculum and the recruiting of students.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct, conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty/Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Loyal – The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible – Ability to be held accountable or answerable to one’s conduct.
- Communication (oral) – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication (written) – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely in a professional manner.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure – Dealing with constraints which are often outside of your control.
Essential qualifications for the position include:
- Experience with dental assisting education.
- Enthusiasm for the career of dental assisting and the preparation of individuals to excel within the profession.
To apply, interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to:
Only email resume and cover letter will be accepted. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received. The priority deadline for applying is August 31, 2020, and early submission is encouraged. Resumes received after the deadline will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
We grant equal employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including hiring, training, promotion, compensation and benefits, transfers and other programs.